Athenascope will email you or notify you when no highlights were found from your gameplay. If you're confused why you didn't get highlights from your game session, don't worry. There are many reasons why this may have happened, and many ways to determine the cause. Here are some of the common reasons a game session may result in No Highlights Found:
If you're importing from Twitch:
1. Are you streaming in very low resolution? Our AI is trained on high quality resolutions and may not be able to detect events in your gameplay if you are streaming in low-res.
2. Are you using stream overlays? Sometimes these can interfere with event detection if your stream elements cover up kill indicators, scoreboards, or parts of the game's HUD. Try moving these around so they do not cover up important indicators on the game's HUD. Please reference this article for "safe zones" where you can place overlays: Where should I put my stream overlays and facecam?
3. Are you playing a supported game/game mode?
If you're importing from Facebook Gaming:
1. Is Facebook down? If so, Athenascope cannot source your video. Wait until Facebook is back up, and then try again.
2. Do you have any community restrictions on your stream? Age restrictions and country restrictions will prevent Athenascope from getting that video.
3. Are you streaming in very low resolution? Our AI is trained on high quality resolutions and may not be able to detect events in your gameplay if you are streaming in low res.
4. Are you using stream overlays? These can interfere with event detection if your stream elements cover up kill indicators, scoreboards, or parts of the game's HUD.
If you're using the Athenascope Windows App:
1. Are you running the Windows Client as admin? Sometimes a game's aggressive anti-cheat feature may block 3rd party apps from capturing gameplay. Go to Athenascope > right click > Run as Administrator.
2. Are you using OBS or another game capture program at the same time as the Athenascope Windows App? Two game capture programs running at once will cause the app to not work, so use one or the other for reliable clips.
If you have checked that none of these apply to your situation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Athenascope username and the date/time of your game session.