To import your broadcasts directly to Athena using OBS, follow these steps:
1. Log in to athenascope.com
2. Check that you're playing one of our Supported Games
3. If you haven't already, download OBS
4. Open OBS. To configure OBS to stream to Athenascope, click Settings
5. Click the Stream tab and set the Stream Type dropdown to Custom Streaming Server. Then, enter the URL and Stream Key you find by going to the Athenascope homepage > Get Highlights > OBS instructions. You can also find this information on your Settings Page
6. Launch the game you want to get highlighted.
7. Add a Game Capture Source by clicking "+" in Sources. Then, select Game Capture.
(If you want to upload a video file of your gameplay rather than upload live gameplay, here you will select Media Source)
8. Click OK and select mode "Capture any fullscreen application".
(If you want to upload a video file of your gameplay rather than upload live gameplay, here you will select the video file you want to stream)
9. Check to see that the OBS preview is showing your gameplay.
If you see your game, you are ready to start streaming! When you are done, click Stop Streaming.
If you see a black box, try these troubleshooting steps:
Remove the “Game Capture” source you just created (select Game Capture, click “−” to remove, then click “yes”).
- Add a fresh “Game Capture” source (click on “+” to add, select “Game Capture”, then click “OK”).
- For “Mode”, change it to “Capture specific window”.
- For “Window”, select your game (NOT your game’s launcher).
- Does your game now fill the OBS preview? If yes, click “OK”.
- If your game appears but does not fill the black box, then choose Edit > Transform > Fit to screen before clicking “OK”.